Helm Supplies | WEEKENDER - PISTACCIO
Inspired by Bob Simmons’ groundbreaking design, the Weekender is our rendition of the mini-Simmons. Contrary to its atypical appearance, the mini-Simmons is recognized as one of the fastest planning hull surf craft. The wide/parallel outline provides stability, unbelievable wave-catching ability and gets the board flying down the line with minimal effort. The genius element of combining this outline with the unexpected short length and quad fins, allows this super fast board to maneuver shockingly well with minimal drag. Merging these concepts with a modern approach, The Weekender is so fun you're going to want to keep it a secret.
- The wide tail fully harnesses the wave energy by creating lift and resistance to sinking, allowing you to paddle into waves you never imagined you can catch, acts as a gas pedal for maximum speed on tap, and glides through mushy/flat sections.
- The nose and arc-tail are slightly pulled in to allow a versatile approach in a wide range of conditions.
- Ridiculously fun in small-gutless surf, the beak nose carries foam throughout the board allowing for cheater fives, but can handle some size by getting you into the waves earlier and fitting in the pocket via the short length.
- Rail: Forgiving 60/40 rails with tucked under edge from nose to mid section transitioning into a down rail, hard edge starts above fins through the tail for crisp release on turns.
- Bottom contour: Front to behind center is flat for maximum speed, transitioning to a staged Vee back third for maneuverability, smooth rail to rail surfing, and flat out the tail for crisp release.
- Rocker: Clyde Beatty Jr’s rocker formula created over years of RND and refining from countless rider feedback globally. Relaxed staged rocker, working in harmony with all aspects of board design for optimal speed, wave count, and versatility in all conditions.
- FCS II - Recommended fin setup (Fins not included):
- Quad fins: Tame the skateyness by providing more bite for confident turns while retaining the speed/drive of a twin.
- Wave Type: All conditions 1-4ft ideal. On the small days you doubt going out, take this and it will turn your day around and make it a rad session.
- Designed by the Helm Team, shaped by Clyde Beatty Jr (master shaper, pro-surfer, epoxy pioneer, creator of the “Rocket Fish”).
- NO WAX, NO MESS, NO PROBLEM.
- Traditional meets modern: Wax-free EPS-Epoxy-EVA surfboard. Built as a "real surfboard", combined with modernized full non-slip EVA traction.
Hand sanded rails provide a refined apex, rail shape, and performance profile.
- EPS lightweight foam core with wood stringer reduces weight for maneuverability.
- Epoxy cloth/fiberglass resin ensures the performance/flex characteristics of a modern surfboard.
- EVA traction vacuum bagged on the entire deck/rails, eliminating the need for wax while enhancing protection to the rider from impact and the board from dings.
- Hard Bottom with hand “sanded laminar flow finish” makes for less water friction and maximum speed.
- FCS II Authentic Fin Box System.
- End result is a super fun, all-purpose, care-free board built to perform.
ALL SHIPMENTS INSURED
FREE LOCAL PICKUP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Surfboards up to 8'6" in length:
$90 Flat Rate Shipping
Surfboards 8'7" or greater in length:
$150 Flat Rate Shipping
Discounted shipping when you buy 2 or more.
Prices vary. See link below for shipping details