Helm Supplies | PLAYGROUND - CAMO
$665.00 Sale • Save
Known to be the Swiss Army knife of surfboards, the time-tested egg outline has been proven in various conditions. The Playground is our interpretation with a balanced approach to user-friendliness and rippability due to the modern plan shape and tri-fin setup. Playful in small to medium waves from cheater fives to quick top-turn hacks, and a confident choice in larger surf for drawn-out bottom turns and swooping cutbacks. Just enough curve in the nose to keep you out of trouble on steeper drops but wide enough for playful trimming on the front third of the board with stylish cross-step possibilities.
- Rail: Forgiving 60/40 rails with tucked under edge from nose to mid section transitioning into a down rail, hard edge starts above fins through the tail for crisp release on turns.
- Bottom contour: Front to behind center is flat for maximum speed, transitioning to a staged Vee back third for maneuverability and smooth rail to rail surfing.
- Rocker: Clyde Beatty Jr’s rocker formula created over years of RND and refining from countless rider feedback globally. Relaxed staged rocker, working in harmony with all aspects of board design for optimal speed, wave count, and versatility in all conditions.
- FCS II - Recommended fin setup (Fins not included):
- Twin + stabilizer fins: Drive, speed, freedom of a twin with added control maintaining a very lively and agile feel.
- Thruster fins: The ultimate blend of high-performance surfing and control for versatility in all types of waves.
- Wave Type: Fun and versatile in 1- 5ft any condition, beach breaks, points/reefs. Can be pushed overhead and above for advanced riders.
- Designed by the Helm Team, shaped by Clyde Beatty Jr (master shaper, pro-surfer, epoxy pioneer, creator of the “Rocket Fish”).
- NO WAX, NO MESS, NO PROBLEM.
- Traditional meets modern: Wax-Free EPS-Epoxy-EVA surfboard. Built as a "real surfboard", combined with modernized full non-slip EVA traction.
- Hand sanded rails provide a refined apex, rail shape, and performance profile.
- EPS lightweight foam core with wood stringer reduces weight for maneuverability.
- Epoxy cloth/fiberglass resin ensures the performance/flex characteristics of a modern surfboard.
- EVA traction vacuum bagged on the entire deck/rails, eliminating the need for wax while enhancing protection to the rider from impact and the board from dings.
- Hard Bottom with hand “sanded laminar flow finish” makes for less water friction and maximum speed.
- FCS II Authentic Fin Box System.
- End result is a super fun, all-purpose, care-free board built to perform.
ALL SHIPMENTS INSURED
FREE LOCAL PICKUP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Surfboards up to 8'6" in length:
$90 Flat Rate Shipping
Surfboards 8'7" or greater in length:
$150 Flat Rate Shipping
Discounted shipping when you buy 2 or more.
Prices vary. See link below for shipping details