Helm Supplies | PERFORMANCE FISH - PISTACCIO
DescriptionCombining aspects of a performance shortboard and classic fish, the Performance Fish is one of the most versatile options for a surfer's quiver. Able to catch waves and generate speed like a fish, it will get you through the flats and also speed through hollow sections with ease. The modern thickness flow hides foam in the right places, combined with the beveled rail, forming a triplane, creates a foiled rail that you can sink into the wave face. This allows the slightly wider and thicker attributes to be responsive to aggressive turns enabling stylish cutbacks and top-turn hacks. We’ve enhanced these elements by tailoring the dimensions and bottom contours to create a well-rounded user-friendly board that appeals to surfers of all ability levels. From mushy-soft faces to speeding barrels, the performance fish won’t let you down.
- Beveled rail/triplane hull design establishes less wetted surface area equating to additional down-the-line speed, while also enhancing rail-to-rail surfing.
- The straight rail line (equals speed on tap) is broken with a "hip" at the fins pulling the tail block in narrower, along with the swallow tail acting as pivot points, this combination allows the board to be pushed harder and stay nimble in pumping surf, and can be surfed confidently backside as well.
- Rail: Down rail with tucked under edge from nose to mid section transitioning into a hard down rail, edge starting above fins through the tail for crisp release on turns.
- Bottom contour: Front to behind center is flat for maximum speed, transitioning to a staged Vee back third for maneuverability and smooth rail to rail surfing.
- Rocker: Clyde Beatty Jr’s rocker formula created over years of RND and refining from countless rider feedback globally. Relaxed staged rocker, working in harmony with all aspects of board design for optimal speed, wave count, and versatility in all conditions.
- FCS II - Recommended fin setup (Fins not included):
- Twin + stabilizer fins: Drive, speed, freedom of a twin with added control maintaining a very lively and agile feel.
- Thruster fins: The ultimate blend of high-performance surfing and control for versatility in all types of waves.
- Wave Type: Excellent in 2-5ft waves of any condition. Can also handle smaller waves that have some curve, and also larger waves for advanced riders.
- Designed by the Helm Team, shaped by Clyde Beatty Jr (master shaper, pro-surfer, epoxy pioneer, creator of the “Rocket Fish”).
- NO WAX, NO MESS, NO PROBLEM.
- Traditional meets modern: Wax-free EPS-Epoxy-EVA surfboard. Built as a "real surfboard", combined with modernized full non-slip EVA traction.
Hand sanded rails provide a refined apex, rail shape, and performance profile.
- EPS: Lightweight foam core with wood stringer reduces weight for maneuverability.
- Epoxy: Cloth/fiberglass resin ensures the performance/flex characteristics of a modern surfboard.
- EVA: Traction vacuum bagged on the entire deck/rails, eliminating the need for wax while enhancing protection to the rider from impact and the board from dings.
- Hard Bottom with hand “sanded laminar flow finish” makes for less water friction and maximum speed.
- FCS II Authentic Fin Box System.
- End result is a super fun, all-purpose, care-free board built to perform.
ALL SHIPMENTS INSURED
FREE LOCAL PICKUP IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Surfboards up to 8'6" in length:
$90 Flat Rate Shipping
Surfboards 8'7" or greater in length:
$150 Flat Rate Shipping
Discounted shipping when you buy 2 or more.
Prices vary. See link below for shipping details